On the occasion of the 18th Francophonie Summit which will take place in Djerba on November 20th and 21st 2021, the Carthage Film Festival have decided to support this great event by creating a "CFF and Francophonie" section in which different activities will take place to highlight the deep bonds that the two institutions have sustained since their inception. These activities will be scheduled according to the following program:
- 1- A roundtable where Francophonie experts, actors and intellectuals will discuss the following issue: "The promotion and visibility of the film in the Francophone area: challenges and perspectives";
- 2- A selection of 9 recent French-speaking films that represent the cultural variety of the Francophone world will be screened as part of the section.
The CFF and Francophonie section will therefore aim to:
- Emphasize the synergy that has led the relations between the CFF and the Francophonie in its institutional and wide meanings;
- Underline the artistic, cultural and humanist dimensions which are reflected in the Francophone cinema thanks to this synergy.
- Reflect on the challenges and perspectives for the development of the French speaking film in a world dominated by the English-speaking culture.